Texas Bankruptcy Attorney
The Bankruptcy Process— What To Expect
Bankruptcy, and even bankruptcy lawyers, can seem very intimidating for those facing extreme financial difficulties. However, once you understand what to expect, it can feel a lot less stressful.
When you work with our law firm:
- You will meet directly with our lawyer for your first meeting. Attorney Tom Root will listen carefully to your story, answer your questions and address all concerns. He can help you understand if bankruptcy is the best option for you and your family. If you decide to file, Tom will send you home with a to-do list for gathering the necessary paperwork.
- As you gather and submit your paperwork, you will work with one of our experienced paralegals who will ensure all documentation is accurate and complete. They will also prepare the bankruptcy petition and schedules at Tom’s direction. Each of our paralegals focuses on a specific type of bankruptcy— one handles Chapter 7, and the other helps clients with Chapter 13. They are both exceptionally knowledgeable in the administrative process of bankruptcy and can answer any questions you have concerning that process along the way.
- Once you have submitted all of your paperwork to our office, you will once again meet with Tom to ensure we have everything necessary to file your bankruptcy petition. He will walk you through the documents page by page so you fully understand what is being prepared before anything is signed or filed with the court.
- Once you and Tom approve and sign the petition, schedules, statement of financial affairs and means test, they will be filed with the appropriate court.
- Once your petition is filed, you will work directly with Tom from here on out. Soon after filing, he will accompany you to a brief hearing with the bankruptcy trustee for the approval of your petition.
You’ve Already Taken The First Step On The Road To Debt Relief Just By Visiting This Site
We invite you to learn more about bankruptcy topics that may be specific to you, and then contact our law firm to discuss your options and how we can help.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy
- Personal bankruptcy
- Business bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy alternatives
- Bankruptcy versus debt consolidation companies
- Bankruptcy and divorce
- Bankruptcy myths
- Benefits of bankruptcy
- Life after bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy FAQs
- Bankruptcy articles
About Bankruptcy In Texas
In the context of bankruptcy, Texas is a “debtor friendly” state, allowing for very liberal exemptions in comparison to federal exemptions.
Regardless of where you live, our law firm can help you file for bankruptcy. We serve clients located throughout Texas, including the cities and counties of: Alvin, Angleton, Bacliff, Bayou Vista, Baytown, Clear Lake City, Dickinson, Friendswood, Fort Bend County, Galveston County, Hitchcock, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Manvel, Pearland, Seabrook, Texas City, Tiki Island and Webster.
Contact Our Texas Consumer Bankruptcy Lawyer
Gipson, Norman & Root is a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy Code.