Did you know that the government provides relief to consumers who are overwhelmed with debt? Did you know taking advantage of bankruptcy can eliminate or reduce debt immediately? Did you know that even after filing bankruptcy, you can repair your credit and obtain loans in the future? At the Law Office of Thomas M. Root, we offer the services of an experienced Texas bankruptcy attorney who will show you how to take control of your finances and get the relief you need and deserve.
Stop waiting to exhale. Get to the root of the problem. Call 281-823-7016
or contact us by email for a free consultation.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
There are two basic types of bankruptcies under which an individual may seek relief. A Chapter 7 is a full liquidation, and requires an individual with primarily consumer debt, to qualify to file for relief under this chapter of the bankruptcy code. A Chapter 13 is a reorganization of debt, and requires -individuals to apply their disposable income to a repayment plan for a period of time between 36 and 60 months.
- Chapter 7 is a bankruptcy option that works well for individuals with a lower income and not a lot of secured debt. Credit card debt, medical expenses, and other unsecured loans can all be eliminated through Chapter 7 and you can still protect exempted property, like a family home.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy is available to those who make enough income, but need to consolidate or reorganize their debt. Through Chapter 13, you can reorganize your debt, pay off in low monthly payments. Over time, you will be able lower or reduce any unpaid debts.
Our Houston bankruptcy attorney can provide advice involving:
- Bankruptcy and divorce: For many couples, divorce can result in significant and overwhelming debt. We are also experienced in handling bankruptcy and child support and other financial impacts of family law.
- Bankruptcy and foreclosure: If your home is in foreclosure, filing bankruptcy is an immediate solution to protect your home.
- Alternatives to bankruptcy: Sometimes bankruptcy is not the best option. We will take the time to review your current assets and debts and develop a solution to protect your financial interests.
Bankruptcy May Be the Solution You are Looking For
Many individuals, families, and businesses facing debt realize months or years too late that bankruptcy is the solution they needed the whole time. You may have tried a second job, repaying debt in installments or working out a payment plan with a collection agency. The truth is, in many cases, you will never survive debt without relief. Our Texas bankruptcy attorney will provide you with sound counsel and advocacy to help you get back to financial independence. Filing bankruptcy with the help of our attorney will allow you to:
- Stop harassment
- Stop wage garnishment
- Stop repossession
- Stop foreclosure
- Protect your rights against creditors
To speak directly with a Texas Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer, please call 281-823-7016 or contact us by email to arrange a consultation or case evaluation. We are here to protect your rights and give you the relief you need and deserve.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.